Monday, July 26, 2010

Beloved Master, what is so funny about your driving to discourse in a Rolls-Royce?

Question:
Beloved Master, what is so funny about your driving to discourse in a Rolls-Royce?

Osho:

There is a long story behind it! I was driving... I was coming in an Impala, and people like you started writing letters to me saying that, "This is a plumber's car!"

I told Laxmi, "Change it!" So she bought a Buick - and people started writing to me that "This is a pimp's car!"

So I told Laxmi, "Change it!" So she was bargaining for a Lincoln Continental. And people wrote to me, "This is good - this is a president's car!"

I said, "That is worse - worse than being driven in a plumber's or a pimp's car!" So I told Laxmi, "Now, for a poor man like me, only a Rolls Royce will do!"

Now, please don't make any objection to it... because coming from Lao Tzu to Buddha Hall, a helicopter won't do. Don't create troubles for me!

(The Dhammapada: The Way of the Buddha, vol. 7 #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment