Monday, July 26, 2010

Osho on responsibility


“Do you feel any kind of responsibility towards your sannyasins who have lived in your commune, invested money, sometimes their inheritance, and their working powers into the projects of the commune…?”

Osho:

“Responsibility according to me is something individual. I can be responsible only for my acts, my thoughts. I cannot be responsible for your acts or your thoughts.

There are people who have given whole inheritance. I have also given my whole life. Who is responsible? They are not responsible because I have given my whole life to them, and their money is not more valuable than my life. With my life I can find thousands of people like them. With their money they cannot find another me.

But I don’t think that they are responsible for it. It was my joy, I loved each moment of it, and I will continue to give my life to my people, to the very last breath without making anybody feel guilty that he is responsible…”

No comments:

Post a Comment